It’s funny to joke that Poway is a boring place.
Sometimes the “boring” is what attracts people to our city. Poway is a safe and well managed bedroom community that is a wonderful place to raise a family.
But still… c’mon, Poway can be boring, right? Not so! There are so many things to do in Poway that we often overlook.
Here are some of the popular choices in Poway. Great for an afternoon adventure, expanding your mind or a creative date with a special someone.
- Hike up to Potato Chip Rock. We’ve all seen everyone’s photo on social media, right?
- Full Moon Hike up to Iron Mountain. The hike up Iron Mountain is a great half day event. There is a group of locals that make the trip every full moon. Highly recommended!
- Poway-Midland Railroad. Sure, it’s in all of the tourist brochures, but it’s really cool. Try to connect with one of the volunteers and learn about their herculean efforts to keep this facility rolling along for our community. Chuck Cross is the man!
- Blue Sky Reserve. A Poway treasure that is protected by a group of extraordinarily strong environmentalists. Respect the trails and the wildlife. If you are feeling adventurous you can extend your hike up to Lake Ramona.
- Goodan Ranch Sycamore Canyon Preserve. Tucked away in the southeastern portion of Poway, this preserve offers many areas to explore. You will discover wildlife, untouched terrain and even some relics of human civilization.
- Hike around Lake Poway. A nice relaxing hike. Actually, mostly a stroll and relatively easy for the young ones to join along. Plenty of spots to rest along the way, plus great people watching of boaters, fishers and people enjoying the park.
What did I miss? Let me know your favorites and I will add them to the list.
Have fun in Poway!